Are you building an online business but are concerned about how your kids will turn out with all the time you are spending online growing your business?
Well… our children are our future and if we do not do something with the way we deal with them, it may be too late for us to change things.
Here are the 33 different ideas to ensure you have a healthy and happy child.
- Get your kids moving
- More physical activity
- Create a culture of moving in your family
- Get your kids into sports activities
- Cultivate connections and networks for your kids
- Dedicated playtime to get your kids to discover themselves
- Give you kids the experience of volunteering & service
- Talk to your baby like how you would speak to an adult
- Give more quality time, without looking at your mobile phones
- Focus on your own happiness, as that vibe from you will help your child.
- Take them on a bike ride
- Don’t keep your child always in a happiness bubble.
- Appreciate their new talents as you begin to recognize them
- Get more recess time for your kids
- Encourage hobbies such as music, martial arts, art, etc.
- Say NO in a constructive manner, to ensure your kids don’t get hostile in the future.
- Be the example, the role model, where care and compassion is the key.
- Impose less structure and encourage more free play.
- Perform simple acts of kindness along with your child.
- You don’t have to always go by the book. Be flexible while parenting.
- Limit screen time. It causes children to get into depressions as they grow up.
- Talk about your flaws sometimes, so that your child also knows you’re human.
- Praise your child for their efforts.
- Never underestimate the power of love and support.
- Stop bullying your child. They usually end up becoming bullies.
- Put your kids to sleep on time, and make it a regular routine.
- Let your kids express their emotions. Do not stop them from doing that.
- Give your kids options and the freedom for them to make their choices.
- Help your kids develop resilience and persistence in performing tasks.
- Play even more with your kids.
- Encourage the respect for diversity during playtime with other kids.
- Give your kids the freedom to be independent.
- The hierarchy of happiness must be:
- Family (first)
- Friends (next)
- Playing (third)
- Sports (fourth)
- Toys (last)
This infographic from AAAStateofPlay.com provides simple ways to help this happen.
Parenting is an art and must be consciously worked upon if you’re planning to live the laptop lifestyle.
You’ve got to find the right balance between work and family, especially while building an online business.
If you’re able to keep these 33 tips in mind and consciously practice these principles on a daily basis, then you can be sure that your kid(s) will grow up to be really awesome individuals.