So you looking for ways to use a large portion of your brain’s potential?
Did you know that you can actually tap into your brain’s power and make it a super idea machine by doing just a few simple things?
I believe that every single human on this planet had been gifted with creativity. But very few of us consciously tap into it’s power.
The whole aspect of creativity is what makes us human. This is the single most important quality that differentiates us from the machines.
As I was studying some of the world best thinkers, I got to collect a few ideas which can help you generate more ideas and in turn change the quality of your life.
10 Tips To Make Your Brain A Factory Full Of Ideas
1. Start Off With An Idea Journal
I always carry a my black book of ideas wherever I go. This is my idea journal. A lot of times I go to the beach with this notebook, and usually get a lot of ideas just after sitting on the ocean shore.
I’m also a digital note taker, but I always prefer my black book, as it’s easy and convenient and more humanised.
Once I have physically written all my ideas, I then transfer all those into my digital notes.
2. Pen Down 10 Ideas Daily Before You Sleep
I have studied at least 50 millionaires and not all, but most of them have this habit of penning down their ideas for the next day, the night before.
That way, they actually subconsciously sleep over it and take action and manifest many of those ideas into reality.
You can cover ideas from all aspects of your life – health, wealth, relationships, spirituality and leisure.
3. Make Sketches Of Your Ideas
Visual representation of ideas is far more powerful than writing lists or bullet points.
Maybe it’s your marketing strategy and funnel design you’re working on – and instead of writing down points, you can actually visually draw our your entire business funnel online.
Maybe it’s also an idea on how you want your website to look. Draw it out! This will stimulate your brain to bring out more ideas creatively.
4. Conduct Brainstorming Sessions With A Mastermind
Bringing together a bunch of passionate individuals to brainstorm on new ideas is by far the most powerful form of idea generation.
When you normally think about ideation by your own, you are actually limited by your own experiences and thoughts.
But when you get a group of passionate people together who love a particular subject, then magical things can happen.
The reason why I started my blogging mastermind is for this specific reason.
5. Get Your Ideas On Paper – No Electronics Please
There’s a unique between your physical hands, the pen, paper and your subconscious mind.
When you get all those electronic gadgets away and start using your physical apparatus provided by God, then you can start generating even more ideas than on any electronic device.
To make it even more stimulating, use chart paper and a lot of colors to start representing your ideas.
6. Get Yourself Around More Creative People
You are who you associate with. If you want to start thinking more creatively then start meeting up with creative folks.
You can go to websites like meetup.com and look for all the local events happening in your city and network with some really creative people.
This itself is a creative exercise because it breaks you away from the normal boring routine of life.
In the digital world, start bookmarking some of your favorite websites and social media handles which inspires your creative side.
Start following really creative influencers on social media and see what they are doing.
7. Get Good Food & Nutrients In Your Systems
You are also what you eat. There are certain foods which can help you enhance your creative side.
- Unprocessed foods: Though nobody is certain why, study after study has shown that supplements do not provide the same health benefits as real, unprocessed food.
- Greens: Cruciferous vegetables – such as broccoli, brussel sprouts and leafy greens (like Picasso’s spinach) – have been shown to encourage a slow rate of cognitive decline which is a natural part of ageing.
- Whole grains: These wholegrain foods will stop the glucose energy that your brain feeds on from being released too quickly, providing you with a steady stream of mental energy as you work on your masterpiece. Make sure to eat whole grains for breakfast and you will be rewarded with a slow release of brain food throughout the day.
- Fresh Fruit & Vegetables: Treat your brain like a car engine, provide it with high quality fuel and it will run better for longer periods of time.
- Beans & Pulses: Beans and pulses, such as lentils, are a lean source of protein which will regulate the release of glucose to the brain. Lean sources of protein, as opposed to unhealthy fatty sources found in whole milk products and fatty foods, will not damage your brain.
- Nuts & Seeds: Try to fill half your diet with lean sources of protein and the other half with fruits and vegetables. The two sources will work well together to keep your creativity going strong. Some varieties of nuts are also a source of brain-boosting Omega 3 fatty acids.
8. Get Used To Finishing Your Tasks
When you get into the habit of finishing things regularly, this feeling give you a boost of dopamine which can help you boost your creativity.
Start with small tasks, and slowly move on to bigger ones.
In essence, the feeling of accomplishment is key to helping you bring on the creative side of things.
9. Look For Newer Life Experiences
Going to new places, meeting new people and taking roads which you have never taken before give your brains new experiences.
These new experiences actually sharpen your brains and turn on your creative side drastically.
New experiences actually widen your perspective about life and people and you will actually have a much bigger pool of inspiration compared to those who’ve had very limited experiences in life.
This will make you a more open person, who’s non-judgemental – which will directly help you produce new ideas.
10. Snap Out Of Any Negative Loops
If you ever start feeling that you’re not creative enough, snap out of it. It’s absolutely not true.
It’s like that feeling of a writer’s block. Even the greatest of artists and writers go thru that feeling of not being creative enough. It’s ok.
But the key is to not turn that into a negative self-destructive loop.
Final Thoughts – Lubricate Your Brains!
To be in a constant state if creativity, you can use some of these brain lubricants.